Thursday 3 June 2010

BFG Blackstone Fortress

My final BFG model is complete, a Blacksone fortress. Bob has a Blackstone as well and his paint job is very much like the GW pics, so a dark grey drybrushed white, it looks good but I've always thought that that paint job is the pre "activated" one, when they are still under Imperial control.

I wanted my Blackstone to an evil activated one, so I painted it purple, inked it blue then blood red, dry brushed the detail either gunmetal or aluminium. I finished it off with sepia ink and then gloss varnish. I'm pretty happy with it, as it looks pretty sinister.

The only downside is the extremely dull name, anyway I present to you Activated Blackstone Fortress IV





Pics taken on Pentax K-7 using a 28-90MM F3.5-5.6 Macro with a cable release and a 4 sec exposure on Tv

cheers

Cory



No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...