Wednesday 20 April 2011

Lead Painter's League 5 - Rnd 6

Lead Painter's League 5 - Rnd 6 notes

Her are my photo details from round 6.

for those who are not aware of the competition have a look here, its pretty cool

http://www.lead-adventure.de/index.php?board=22.0

So here is the pic in question



The Figures

This time the figures are from someone different from usual, being "German zombies ii" from Secrets of the third reich, they make some cool wierd WW2 if you haven't looked. The fig covering his face is a RAFM gangster but he works much better as a zombie I reckon. As before all figs were painted with acrylic paints being a mix of humbrol, vallejo, the skin colour was achieved with Coat d'arms green ink over humbrol skin then magic ink (sepia) washed.

As usual finished with the gloss varnish, sorry everyone

Taking the photo

I took the photo using a Pentax K-7, with a 90mm lens on a 1 sec exposure (with a cable release) at F36 using a mix of natural and Fluro light. I manually set the white balance too. As I have found before this gives a particularly vivid green cast to the pics which in this case I thought looked cool. Using cotton wool to make mist I thought worked quite well

Current voting is too close too call, so make yours count :-)

More next week

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...