Thursday 26 July 2012

10e/15e Régiment de Chasseurs à Cheval

These are the 10th and 15th regiments of Chasseurs à Cheval for my French army based on the OOB from Friedland in 1807. They will form to core of my light cavalry brigade commanded by Colonel Pierre-David de Colbert-Chabanais, in Général Brun's 3rd Division, within Ney's VI Corps. I still need to paint the 3rd Hussars to complete the brigade but otherwise the division is entirely complete.

10e Régiment de Chasseurs à Cheval with crimson facings


15e Régiment de Chasseurs à Cheval with orange facings






I found a pile of conflicting information when doing my uniform research, mainly around facing colours and the trumpeter uniforms as a whole. In the end I went with what seemed the most correct  and looked OK at this scale.

Next post has some Saxon commanders and then I'm going to start the Saxon line infantry. There's only about 140 of those so that'll be a doddle... ;-)

Cheers,
Millsy

No comments :

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...